Monday, April 7, 2008

Second Narrative Assignment

"Listen, Mother, when I put my mind to something, I am able to accomplish it on my own in the best way possible for me. I will not rest until I can accurately say that I am trilingual, and even then I could even go on to be multilingual. It is all up to me and I will do it on my own."
"But how could you possibly become fluent in all of these different languages without my emotional support? You will not possibly be able to handle all of the stress, pressure, and hard work that come with pursuing your goal, alone.
"Mother, while I appreciate your concern, I have accomplished many more daunting and emotionally draining things than this without the help of others. Besides, as comforting as your words can be, they cannot do the work for me. That part, I must handle on my own."
"That may be true, but you cannot argue the fact that without my financial support, the possibility of your multilingualism would be nonexistent. I would pay for language classes, and even trips around the world so you could enhance your knowledge. What would you if I did not want to help you reach your goal?
"But Mother, none of these things you say matter, because you do want to help me. Ever since I discovered my passion for traveling and foreign customs and languages, I knew that you would be willing to help me because I am your daughter, and we share an unbreakable bond. Neither of us would ever want to see the other harmed or hurt or have their dreams stifled in any way, so we would go to the ends of the earth for one another. "
"I guess that what you say is true. Maybe it really is your hard work and determination that will help you accomplish your goal. I'd just like to think that I have contributed in some way to your success."
"Believe me, Mother, you already have."

1 comment:

Mrs. Wyatt / Rupley said...

Hannah,

I had no idea that you have a love for languages. What languages are you pursuing right now?

-MW